Pork, a newly found guest in my kitchen. I never thought even in my wildest dreams that I would bring pork meat into my kitchen and will ever try my hands on it. But it happened very recently and I am very happy about its result. My hubby darling as well as my guests enjoyed it very much. I tried the Pork Roast Kerala recipe again and he gave me a go ahead pat on my shoulders.
That expression gave me a boost to share this recipe with you. try this easy to prepare pork roast in this Christmas and enjoy your Christmas feast with your family and friends.
Suggested Recipe – Hyderabadi Chicken Fry – Indian Recipe
Ingredients: Pork Roast Kerala Style
- Pork – 1 kg ( mixed)
- Ginger – 2” piece, coarsely ground
- Garlic – 3 bulbs, coarsely ground
- Green Chilly – 6-8, coarsely ground
- Red chilly powder – 2 tbsp
- Freshly ground pepper – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp (freshly ground cardamom, clove, and fennel)
- Sunflower oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to Roast Pork?
- Wash Pork in enough water and strain in a colander and squeeze out the extra water from the pork pieces and marinate with salt, turmeric powder and 1 tsp of pepper for 30 mins
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry coarsely ground ginger, garlic, and green chilly mixture until the oil separately over medium heat
- Add red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper and fry till its raw smell disappears
- Add marinated pork and salt mix well until all the pieces are coated with the masala
- Cover and pressure cook for six whistles, and let the pressure settle down
- Open the lid, add garam masala and mix well and cook over simmering heat until the extra gravy dries up
Happy Christmas to you all…….