Last Updated: November 17, 2015 at 1:07 pm
According to me Ganesha or Ganpati likes sweets very much like laddoo, Modak, etc.. This is specially prepared for him on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Cooked green gram – 1 cup
- Jaggery (sarkara/vellam) – 100 gms
- Coconut scrapped – 1/2 cup
- Dried ginger powdered – 1/8 tsp
- Cardamom powdered – seeds of 7-8
- Oil to fry Modak
For the Batter:
- Fine rice powder – 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder/saffron – to colour
Mix the rice powder and turmeric powder/saffron with enough water to make a thick batter.
Method of Preparation:
Heat a pan and melt jaggery in 1 tbsp of water, strain to remove any impurities and add cooked green gram, coconut scraped, dried ginger and cardamom powder and sauté in moderate heat (preferably at simmering heat other wise jaggery may get burnt) until all the ingredients are incorporated well. Make small balls out of it when the mixture is slightly warm itself. Dip the balls in the prepared batter and fry in the oil.
Your Modak is ready to serve to Lord Ganesha.
Recently Updated Posts
- Honeymoon / Vacations in Maldives – Travel Tips ( May 23, 2018)
- Trip to Delhi / Chandigarh / Manali / Agra ( May 20, 2018)
- Vagamon – A Must Visit Destination at God’s Own Country ( May 20, 2018)
- Dhimbam Ghats – 27 hairpin curves, travelling via Satyamangalam to Trivandrum ( May 20, 2018)
- Colombo – Travel Tips, places to visit ( May 11, 2018)
- Places to visit in Mysore – Exploring Mysore and nearby places ( April 21, 2018)