Pork, a newly found guest in my kitchen. I never thought even in my wildest dreams that I would bring pork meat into my kitchen and will ever try my hands on it. But it happened very recently and I am very happy about its result. My hubby darling as well as my guests enjoyed it very much. I tried the same recipe again and he gave me a go ahead pat on my shoulders. That expression gave me a boost to share this recipe with you… try this easy to prepare recipe in this Christmas and enjoy your Christmas feast with your family and friends…
- Pork – 1 kg ( mixed)
- Ginger – 2” piece, coarsely ground
- Garlic – 3 bulbs, coarsely ground
- Green Chilly – 6-8, coarsely ground
- Red chilly powder – 2 tbsp
- Freshly ground pepper – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp (freshly ground cardamom, clove, and fennel)
- Sunflower oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to Roast Pork?
- Wash Pork in enough water and strain in a colander and squeeze out the extra water from the pork pieces and marinate with salt, turmeric powder and 1 tsp of pepper for 30 mins
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry coarsely ground ginger, garlic, and green chilly mixture until the oil separately over medium heat
- Add red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper and fry till its raw smell disappears
- Add marinated pork and salt mix well until all the pieces are coated with the masala
- Cover and pressure cook for six whistles, and let the pressure settle down
- Open the lid, add garam masala and mix well and cook over simmering heat until the extra gravy dries up
Now your pork roast is ready to serve. Serve it with onion slices and enjoy your Christmas feast….
Happy Christmas to you all…….