Check out the videos on traveling from Mysore to Madikeri by road and moving around in Coorg too. Madikeri is a very popular tourist destination and if you are somewhere near Mysore, then you should not miss this place.
Mysore to Madikeri By Road
Coorg which is also known as the Scotland of India, is a very beutiful destination which is about 127 kms from Mysore. We had day trip traveling from Mysore to Coorg. Coorg is also known as Madikeri or Kodagu or Mercara. There are good estate stay, home stay and resorts at Coorg and is a very cool place. We had our breakfast at Rothana Restaurant. It’s a nice place for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. We enjoyed some Kerala Porata and fish curry. You also get Poori Bhaaji, Dosa, Idilli, etc.
Check out this video on Moving Around Coorg / Madikeri Market
We had spend about two hours walking around the Madikeri market area. You will find lots of shops selling local home made product. Also you will get spices at very low price. We had our lunch at Hotel Fort Mercara which is just opposite to the Fort. We had planned to have our lunch at Coorg Cafe which has very good reviews, but unfortunately the restaurant was closed on the day.
Check out this – Best Kodava (Coorg) food in Mysore – Simply Kodava
Kaveri Nisargadhama is about 27 kms from Madikeri. Very nice place to spend some time.
Check out these photos of Coorg / Medikeri / Mercara
You will fine some life size statues and there is deer park too. You are not allowed to take any plastic bottles inside.
The trip was good, there are many other places to visit, the best is to go for a estate stay where you will be served Kodava food.
- Satria Coffee Plantation – Luwak Coffee in Bali
- Holidays in Bali – Places to visit
- Yas Island – Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- Monkey Forest – Bali
Recently Updated Posts
- Lunch at Olive Garden Restaurant in Mysore ( February 19, 2018)
- Fish Head Curry – Kerala Style ( February 19, 2018)
- Holidays in Bali – Places to visit ( February 19, 2018)
- La Marqueta Carnaval Mysore – First ever Day and Night Market in Mysore ( February 19, 2018)
- Cabbage Thoran Recipe – Kerala Style ( February 19, 2018)
- Mysore Zoo – A must visit place in Mysore ( February 17, 2018)