Srirangapatna is an island (surrounded by the river Kaveri) about 20kms from Mysore, but comes under Mandya district. There are many Places to visit in Srirangapatna, but during this trip we visited only 3 places which were worth visiting.
- 1 Srirangapatna – A must visit Tourist destination near Mysore
- 2 Places I visited during this trip
- 3 Places to visit in Srirangapatna, other than the above three
- 4 Other Information on tourist spots at Srirangapatna near Mysore
Srirangapatna – A must visit Tourist destination near Mysore
Video of Places to Visit in Srirangapatna, Mysore
Places I visited during this trip
Gumbaz – Tomb of Tipu Sultan and Parents
Gumbaz is one the most visited tourist spots at Srirangapatna. Historically, Gumbaz is a muslim mausoleum holding the graves of Tipu Sultan, his father Haider Ali and mother Fakr-Un-Nisa
Daria Daulath Bagh – Places to visit in Srirangapatna
Another tourist spot at Srirangapatna with historical values. Daria Daulath Baga is also know as the summer palace with beautiful gardens. Srirangapatna was the capital of Mysore and Tipu Sultan was ruling Mysore from Srirangapatna and this was his summer palace. There are some historical facts which I am not going in details.
Sangam – Tourist Spot at Srirangapatna
Sangam is the confluence of three holy rivers, river Kaveri, river Lokapavani and river Hemavathi. There are nothing much to see here, when I was there, I saw some religious offering happening.
Places to visit in Srirangapatna, other than the above three
- Sriranganathaswamy Temple – This is a very popular place in Srirangapatna, but I missed it. Will make sure that I visit this place the next time I am passing through Srirangapatna.
- Nimishamba Temple
- Ranganathithu Bird Sanctuary – I had visited this place earlier, Check out the video.
Other Information on tourist spots at Srirangapatna near Mysore
Check out this Drone Shots around Srirangapatna