Last Updated: April 6, 2018 at 1:08 pm
If you have a day in Delhi and you need to visit the most must visit places in Delhi, here are my travel tips to Delhi. We had only one day and we wanted to cover the best places in Delhi. Moreover the climate was not friendly and we were feeling the burn and felt heavy breath due to pollution. Check out my places to visit in Delhi if you have only one day and one night.
- 1 Travel Tips for Delhi – Places to visit in Delhi Day 1
- 2 Best Places to have food in Delhi
- 3 Further Reading on Different Trips
Travel Tips for Delhi – Places to visit in Delhi Day 1
First thing you should check before you plan your holidays to any location is the climate. Check if it is pleasant time during day time. I did a big mistake by planning the trip too early and not looking into the temperature part. The day time was too hot and I really felt more to just finish locations faster rather than enjoying these places.
Start your day early, the roads in Delhi are too busy. I suggest to plan general holidays as your tour day rather than a working day because the roads are too busy on a working day.
Use Google Maps to move around to get the fastest routes.
India Gate – Must Visit Place in Delhi
As soon as I got to this place, I was so disappointed. The place was stinking and was filled with garbages and left overs of food and other wastes. India Gate is one the most visited location in Delhi and you should visit this place if you are traveling to Delhi.
A note to all the visitors and the officials responsible to keep the place clean, please we need a clean India.
Indian Gate Video
Check out this India Gate, Qutub Minar and Read Fort Video
Pictures of India Gate Delhi
Qutub Minar Delhi
A much better place, well maintained and should be on the top of the list in the places to visit in Delhi for day 1. You should be careful of the things that you carry. You are not allowed to carry tripods and eatables.
Another must visit place in Delhi. You need to walk about less than 1km to reach the Red Fort from the parking area. You can avail the facility of battery operated vehicles for this. You need to pay INR 30 per person.
Pictures of Red Fort Delhi
We came here to buy some materials, cloths and taste some traditional Maharashtra food. A good place if you are planning some shopping.
Pictures from Dilli Haat – Travel Tips to Delhi
More on Dilli Haat
Best Places to have food in Delhi
We had food at some best dhabas and restaurants in Delhi.
Mezbaan for Muglai Food at Delhi
This a good place where we had some non-vegetarian food like biriyani and some mutton dishes.
Further Reading on Different Trips
- Kullu Manali – Detailed guide for your trip, Places to stay and eat
- Yas Island – Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- Trip to The Golden Temple – Namdroling Nyingmapa Monastery
- Trip to Delhi / Chandigarh / Manali / Agra
Recently Updated Posts
- Places to Visits when you are in Mysore ( June 11, 2018)
- Nagarahole Wildlife Safari and Stay at Jungle Inn Resort ( June 11, 2018)
- Resorts in the Maldives – Check these out before you come to Maldives ( May 26, 2018)
- Honeymoon / Vacations in Maldives – Travel Tips ( May 23, 2018)
- Trip to Delhi / Chandigarh / Manali / Agra ( May 20, 2018)
- Vagamon – A Must Visit Destination at God’s Own Country ( May 20, 2018)