When a visitor comes to your blog and just reads what he or she wants and leaves your blog. This is normally which you and me do, but when we see a good blog or we see things which keep us spending more time on that site. We do this only when we find something interesting or something which is different.
You should have some features or tools which will make your first time visitor to spend more time on your blog. This will increase your page views compared to the number of visitors. You can check these stats using your analysis tool and I have mentioned about this in my previous post.
I am listing out some tools that you could use to make your visitors to navigate to another page or spend sometime using some widgets that you have on your blog.
- Search Box – You should not forget to add up a search box which is very much showing out. The visitor might not have come to a page which he/she may be looking for. If you have a search box, the visitor may search and get to go and read another page or bookmark that page for future reference.
- Bookmarking Tool – Provoke your visitor to bookmark your blog for future reading
- Facebook Like Button – Facebook is very popular and is used by most of the netizens, you can make it easy for them to share it on their Facebook page which in turn will bring in more visitors.
- Tweet This Button – Twitter is used by millions of users and if you get your post tweeted by a person who has 1000′s of followers then you can imagine the traffic that can be generated.
- Email this Link – This could be helpful, but I have not seen this working much these days.
- Related Posts – Use some related posts plugin and see the difference. I have experienced a very high change in page views after using a related post plugin.
These are few popular tools, you can decide what you should add to your blog. Please make sure that none of these effects the readability of your blog.